Sunday, November 30, 2008

delight in the little things...

soaps. one of my current favorites is wrapped bar soaps. so pretty. so fancy. I want to start collecting them. I have one bar right now from Crabtree & Evelyn. it's called 'Corgi Soap' and shaped like a little corgi. it's darling. I love picking it up and smelling the box. oh, the little things I take such delight in. I want pretty much every single one from Anthro. just so cute.


(photo from anthropologie.com)

as for the rest of life :), it is busy. lots going on with pre-production. we have purchased a few bits of fabric and have scheduled a gathering for all of us costume-types. we are going to work work work. it will be goodtimes, I am sure of it.

also been busy with Christmas goodies. it seems a bit early, as usually I don't start until about a week into December. but because I am busy with so many other things this year, and want to do HEAPS of Christmas projects (more than my usual), I felt the need to kick in early. honestly, I feel a bit overwhelmed right now. but as I keep planning and making to-do lists, I will be okay.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. tried a few new recipes and I LOVED the dressing/stuffing (whatever you call it). it was delicious. the recipe is old and simple, as I got it out of one of my Butt'ry Shelf books. I will not make any other dressing now that I have made that one. I think it was the spices mix that made it soooo good. I also made the pumpkin pies from that book and everyone loved them. everything I have ever made from those books has been delicious. if I need a 'traditional' recipe, I always check those books first. they never fail. (and the illustrations are adorable, of course.)

well, I am off to have some cocoa and work on more Christmas-y things. hope you are are doing well and keeping warm (or cool, to Mr. Australia! ;)).

xo!
Candice