shew. another long day behind me. but before I bring it to a close, I wanted to share a piece of it with you. shortbread cookies. yum. one of the [several] types of cookies I make every Christmas season. today was their day. small story: I bought some cookie stamps years ago, without even the slightest intention of actually using them (they were on sale in a little shop I was in), I just got them because they were Christmas-y. :) inside the package they came in was a shortbread recipe. one year (it was 2001, I believe) I decided to use the stamp and the recipe. ever since, I've made them every year. super simple and super yummy (to me and mine, anyway). so, here we have it:
Shortbread Cookies

1 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
cream the butter and sugar (I never cream for less than 3 minuets), add flour and mix well. form dough into 1 " balls. dust with flour. stamp if desired, or flatten with the bottom of a glass.
bake at 350 for 12-15 minuets, depending on the thickness of the cookie. remove, allow to cool (when warm, they're still a little soft. they get crispy after they cool).
happy Christmastime to all!!
xoxo!
candice