Monday, May 5, 2008

cream of mushroom soup

so, in the 'middle' of my super busy day, I decided to take a little 'blog break'. :) last week I made this yummy cream of mushroom soup from scratch, for a recipe that called for it. I never use canned cream of mushroom soup because it ALWAYS contains MSG (google it, if you don't know what it is - monosodium glutamate), and that's just no good for your body. so, if you, like me, would rather the 'real deal', here my recipe. :)



Cream of Mushroom Soup

3, 4 oz cans of mushrooms
chicken broth (about 4 cups)
3/4 c (1 1/2 sticks) butter
3/4 c flour
2 c milk (or half & half)
salt & pepper to taste

separate juice from mushrooms into 4-cup measuring cup
fill to 4-cup mark with chicken broth

melt butter in sauce pan, add mushrooms and flour cook about 1 minute.
add mushroom juice and broth and milk (or half & half). stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.

salt and pepper to taste.

happy Monday!

xo!
Candice