for now I will share some garden photos. this is my first year to garden, and it has certainly been full of learning. things are going well (overall) and we've had HEAPS of tomatoes and zucchini, until the squash bugs got the zucchini and now they are in the process of [hopefully] healing and getting back to fruit producing. we shall see. our neighbors also have a pear tree and some sweet basil which they have been sharing with us and that has been delicious. the pears aren't quite ready yet, but they're close and I am eager to get good use out of them. I LOVE pears -- what a blessing that I have a tree so close! anyway, the photos:
our cantaloupe



our strawberries



we also have sweet peppers but I'm not sharing photos of those today. maybe next time (but since that will probably be after all the peppers have been harvested and eaten, I wouldn't count on it. ;)).
now I am off to do housework, possibly some sewing, picking more squash bugs off my plants and of course dinner. love to all you faithful viewers, even when we are such slackers with giving you something fun and new to see. :)
xo!
Candice
