Tuesday, September 2, 2008

woah. autumn already?!

okay, so really there are a few more weeks until it is *officially* Autumn (my favorite season). but still, the thought that it is only a few more weeks away is somewhat hard for me to fathom. this year has gone by SO amazingly fast. we have been very, very, very [allow me to say it one more time] VERY busy 'round here this year and particularly as of late. not a lot of sewing/crafting going on, but heaps of other fun, yet very meaningful things (and a little baking). I hope to share links to some of the things we have been partaking in very soon (one of which shall be the Autumn issue of the KidWise mag that I am currently finishing up).

for now I would like to share these things...

1. United.
Ashley and I (along with our darling husbands) had the amazing privilege of seeing [Hillsong] United a week and one day ago. I have said this a million times since (and will say it a million more) -- words can NOT express what an experience it was. an amazing time of worship and commitment. God really had his way in our hearts that night and it's a fire that we will run with. there is lots more I could say, and make this post longer than ever, but I will stick with 'words can not express' because that pretty much sums it up.
click this if you would like to see some photos.
also, check out the new Hillsong record -- This Is Our God. it's a current favorite listen.


2. Tomatoes.
we have harvested SO many tomatoes that I have not known what to do with them all! well, originally I didn't. but I've found a few very yummy uses and one is tomato soup. I had never made my *own* tomato soup (or ever considered it, actually) but last week I combined a few recipes and added a bit of my own thoughts and ended up with a pretty good pot of soup. :) also did the same with some tomato pie recipes and that is a new favorite. it turned out VERY yummy! (I will share recipes soon!) all of that to say -- branch out. try the unknown. especially if you are in a position, as I was, with something unexpected and overflowing. a little creativity can take you a long way. :)


3. Pears.
what's with me and the food?! :) this year, as I believe I mentioned in the last post, I have the BLESSING of having a pear tree in my back yard. you really can not understand how exciting that is to me, a pear-lover who hardly ever actually gets them, unless you too are a pear-lover. I have pears coming out my ears this year and have gotten creative with recipes for them. they are DELICIOUS fresh tho, and we have all been enjoying them. I'm surprised they are ready at what seems to be so early in the year, but they are. I have stuck many in the fridge, hoping to slow down their ripening (you're supposed to pick them before they're actually ripe) so I hope to have them for quite some time. yum. today after washing some they looked so pretty so I decided to take a photo.



and I will leave you with that. :) thank you again, to all who read this little blog. thanks for hangin' in there with us while blog times are slow.


xo!
Candice

p.s.
the zucchini plants did recover quite well and I have made 2 batches of zucchini bread since. I also have 3 more that have been picked and a few growing that I hope to make fried zucchini with. so, yay for defeating the squash bugs!