Tuesday, April 15, 2008

afterall, I am only a beginner: the skirt turned dress

finally, I have the photo. :) I'm honestly not all that great at explaining, and because I'm a beginner I don't really know the terms which should be used to explain what I did. I took an old, straight denim skirt, removed the top band (and zipper, sewing that section shut), and added the red floral top. to make the top I 'altered' a shirt pattern to fit what I needed. I also put piping around the edges (which I also have no idea how to properly pipe -- I need to better educate myself!), added a button placket and some cute round red buttons. it is no where near flawless, but afterall, I am only a beginner. :) it's a learning experience and I am overall happy with the outcome. just waiting on the weather to warm up a bit more before I wear it.

okay, the photo (and please take notice of my cute cat who wanted to join in on the fun!):



xo!
Candice