Thursday, April 3, 2008

some spring flowers

Hi there everyone! Obviously we are back from our little hiatus. Much has happened since that time and hopefully things have calmed enough for us to craft regularly and post regularly. Things have been looking really springy here. The air is warmer and daffodils and tulips are starting to poke up and bloom.

remember this post? Well to celebrate the nice springy weather here is a picture of the recently completed flowers



Yes it did take almost six months to finish. But I did have to set the project aside for other pressing holiday projects.
For the stems I ended up using some green felt. I rolled it to make it stiff and sew down the middle to make it stay. Right now I am working on matching placemats and napkins. The placemats have a little square to hold the napkin and on the square I have embroidered little letters. They are turning out really cute. Hopefully when it is finished I can post a picture for everyone to see.

Well that is all for now. Hopefully it's as nice and springy where you are as it is here. Maybe next post I can have a picture of a shirt I made recently. We will see.

Happy Creating!
Ashley